CHARLOTTE – Charlotte Ballet’s annual gala fundraiser, Dancing with the Stars of Charlotte, will pair six community leaders with professional dancers in support of local charities.
The event has raised more than $4.5 million over its seven years. This year’s roster of dancers includes entrepreneurs along with banking, healthcare and marketing executives.
The lineup includes:
• Megan Hughes Allison, senior vice president of client services for Genesco Sports Enterprises, dances with Colby Foss to benefit Pat’s Place.
• John FitzHugh, managing director for Wells Fargo Securities, dances with Elizabeth Truell to benefit Novant Health’s Cancer Prevention and Early Detection Program.
• Erin Santos, executive director for the Isabella Santos Foundation, dances with Juwan Alston to benefit the Isabella Santos Foundation.
• Carl Showalter, president of Showalter Construction, dances with Sarah Lapointe to benefit HopeWay.
• William Smith, market leader in commercial banking for PNC Bank, dances with Amelia Sturt-Dilley to benefit the Howard Levine Child Development Center at Renaissance West.
• Dr. Courtney Stephenson, director of Atrium Health’s Charlotte Fetal Care Center, dances with James Kopecky to benefit The Cottie & Cake Fund.
The event takes place March 2 at the Knight Theater at the Levine Center for the Arts.
The community is invited to participate by voting for their favorite pair at www.gala.charlotteballet.org.