CHARLOTTE – Charlotte Area Transit System adjusted service on several bus routes, including some in south Charlotte, beginning Oct. 1.
The schedule changes will increase cross-town connections, enhance bus and light rail connections, and provide increased frequency and direct service, according to CATS.
Major changes affecting south Charlotte include:
• Route 19 Park Road will operate at 19C-Carolina Place & 19S-South Park. Both will have changes between East Boulevard and the transit center. Also, service on Sharon Road West from Park Road to the Sharon Road West LYNX Blue Line Light Rail Station will be served by routes 12 & 43. Bus stops on Euclid and Morehead Street will be discontinued.
• Route 20 Queens Road will no longer provide service south of the South Park Community Transit Center. Some of its areas will be covered by Route 19.
• Route 45X Carmel Road will be discontinued. Route 62X will provide service from Uptown to Carmel & Colony Road.
• Route 61X Arborteum Express will extend service to Waverly Shopping Center. The Promenade Park and Ride will be scrapped.
• Route 62X Rea Road Express: Service on Providence Road, between South Wendover & Old Providence Road will be on Route 61X. Stops on Old Providence Road & Rea Road, between Providence Road & Colony Road, will be discontinued.
These changes are part of the second phase of Envision My Ride, an initiative to redesign the bus system. CATS conducted two surveys and held more than 100 public meetings to improve the bus system.
Several other routes changed, including 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 16, 18, 21, 25, 30, 34, 56, 97, 99 and 235. In addition, more than 600 bus stops will experience altered or discontinued service.