CHARLOTTE – The Mecklenburg PTA Council recognized 75 students from Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools on March 23 at Elizabeth Traditional Elementary School for submitting winning art to its Reflections Contest.
Students created entries in six categories (dance, film, literature, music composition, photography and visual art) on the theme of “Heroes Around Me.”
South Charlotte winners by school were as follows:
• Ballantyne Elementary – Mahika Sharma, visual art.
• Beverly Woods Elementary – Mila Bock, literature; Knox Duncan, film production; Lilly Queen, dance; and Yeshas Rajeev, visual art.
• Jay M Robinson Middle – Claire Beller, dance; Nalini Dutt, literature; Rachel Ebenezer Joel, literature; Richard Lin, photography; Ian Rinker, visual art; and Avery Ruesch, film production and visual art.
• Sharon Elementary – Aaryan Ghorpade, literature; Sutton Grahl, photography and literature; James Greene, dance; Avery Howell, visual art; Violet Richards, film production; and Agrima Saraswat, dance.
• South Mecklenburg High – Mayra Hernandez, visual art; Mallory Justis, photography; Melissa Mayo, film production; and Elaina McKnight, visual art.
• McKee Road Elementary – Kenan Lee, literature; Lillian Marti, photography; Iris Park, visual art; and Zac Ro, photography.
• Polo Ridge Elementary – Rahul Dutt, film production & literature; Rebecca Joel, literature; Hunter Ruesch, music competition; Soha Deshpande, music competition; Katy Stovall, visual art; and Ryan Ahn, visual art.
• Providence Spring Elementary – Zane Short, photography; Julian Short, photography; Bhaladitya Baskarraj, visual art; Ashley Shue, visual art; and Jacquelyn Shue, visual art.
• Ridge Road Middle – Peyton Cayea, photography and Eyon Peters, photography.