EVANSTON, Ill. – Several students with ties to south Charlotte won $2,500 National Merit Scholarships.
They were chosen from a pool of more than 15,000 finalists in the 2017 National Merit Scholarship Program.
They had the strongest combination of accomplishments, skills and potential for success in college.
Winners are as follows (with probable career fields in parenthesis):
- Ardrey Kell High – Elizabeth Dorans (nursing), Samhitha Sunkara (international development) and Michael Xing (computer science).
• Charlotte Country Day School – Sebastian Oberkfell (economics).
• Charlotte Latin School – Robert Fuller (neurobiology) and Sophia Madjarova (biomedicine).
• N.C. School of Science & Mathematics – Claire Liu (economics).
• Providence Day School – Blaire Barton, Dylan Riddell (economics), Manley Roberts (computer science) and Tate Rosenblatt.
- Providence High – Mark Schachner (mathematics), Jordan Schuler (law).