Five seniors from south Charlotte were recently awarded The Morehead-Cain scholarship to the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, one of the most prestigious merit scholarship programs in the United States.
The scholarship was awarded to 51 students, 26 from North Carolina, and pays all expenses for four years of undergraduate study, including cost of a laptop computer and four summer enrichment experiences. Local students are:
• Will Almquist, Charlotte Latin School; son of Perry and Robert Almquist of Charlotte.
• Samantha Forlenza, South Mecklenburg High School; daughter of Julie and David Forlenza of Charlotte.
• Neha Kukreja, Providence Day School; daughter of Atul and Neeta Kekreja of Waxhaw.
• Ariana Lutterman, Myers Park High School; daughter of Leona Miller and Joel Lutterman of Charlotte.
• Brent McKnight, Covenant Day School; son of Beth McKnight of Charlotte and the late Brent McKnight, Sr.